Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The painting bug is back!

It’s been a while since I posted pictures of my art. Between our foster puppies and not feeling inspired, I just wasn’t in the mood to get my paint on. I did have a moment of inspiration back in September, though – this amazing sunset at Cap Rouge on Cape Breton.

I knew right away how I wanted to capture it in a painting. And this is how it turned out:

cap rouge sunset“Cap Rouge Sunset”

I’ve changed up the gallery wall in our hallway, and this baby is now a part of it :-) Pics of that project coming soon!


Then there’s this painting that had been sitting on a shelf half-done for months because I just wasn’t feeling it. I bought some new foil and decided to try it out on this painting, seeing as I figured if it didn’t work out, no great loss. And I liked it! I added some sparkly crystals to it, and voila…

Be Dazzled sig“Be Dazzled  “


And I just finished this painting on the weekend. I tried something new, and to be honest, I was really surprised that it worked!

molten metallic sig “Molten Metallics”


I guess the painting bug is back, because now I have five more paintings in the go :-) One of them is using my new technique, and it’s looking pretty cool so far. I just hope I don’t mess it up! But like Bob Ross says, we don’t make mistakes, just happy little accidents :-)

jax sig 2

6 comments:

  1. That's great that you are back in the groove. I like the blue with the orange. My daughter does most of the painting around here, but I paint too, but mine tend to sit. A few days ago she got sick of looking at my cat one, and she wanted it for her room, so I told her to go at it. What's great about painting is that it can always be painted over or modified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo love the textures and colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, DON'T STOP PAINTING!!!! These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!! Molten Metallics is my favourite!!
    Ozana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - looking good Ms Busy Bee - so impressive !! Love them !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun. My favorite is the sunset. I know you love color! Keep going., Kelly.

    ReplyDelete

You aren't allowed to go away until you leave a comment!